Looking to Connect with Other Patient Advocates to Support/Endorse Each Other

I have been blown away by the nomination I received this year for Rookie of the Year!! I literally sat there two weeks ago with my jaw on the ground when I first saw it for about 30 minutes - no kidding!! My kiddos were like “what is going on Mom!!!” When I was first diagnosed with my first rare disease/illness (more came afterwards and I am still dealing with an undiagnosed illness regarding brain lesions & multiple unexplained symptoms) I felt so alone. I have a supportive family, but they didn’t really get it. So a little over a year ago I took the leap and set up a Twitter account, then Facebook, and finally Instagram (my first thought was no one wants to see my pictures)…but I am SO thankful that I did. I have found a whole new family/community through these platforms that show up for each other every day that they have it in them to do so. And on those days that they don’t…someone else is there to pick them up. It’s truly amazing to see & I feel so blessed and lucky to be a part of it. I decided to openly share my medically complex journey (including my recent leg amputation) openly and honestly…not sugar coating the bad, but also embracing any good I could find. I would love to broaden this family i have found by connecting with other like minded patient advocates here on this platform. I believe that WEGO is providing such a safe and supportive space for all of us, and I look forward to engaging more here! Please drop a link to your profile so I can learn more about you, follow you on the other platforms you have linked, and endorse you for any nominations you have received this year!! Sorry for the long post, I’m generally long winded…this makes Twitter hard for me, lol!

Here is my link to my profile: https://www.wegohealth.com/65085112/awards

I would truly LOVE to connect and expand this circle of incredibly strong and resilient human beings! Much love to you all!!!

Whit :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I endorsed you! Good luck

Powerful story - always glad to connect with others

1 Like

I am a follower now and would love to connect. Your story is amazing and very inspiring.

I know the awards are over, just saw this post. But powerful story, I just followed you on IG and Twitter. Always love to connect with others